I have passed the written and was interested in trying this out in addition to my home
lab, just to get used to the environment and time limits. Here is what the lab manager
from UCSC wrote me:

Hello Nathan,
This is not instructor basis lab you will be given scenarios to practice and solve on
your own. There is
some assistance but mainly your on your own.You can either practice on our simulation
test and scenarios or troubleshoot your own problem/test and the ccie practice lab
exercises do include solutions for most of the exercises.   The lab hours are 9 am to
5p.m., Monday through Friday, there is no
CCIE practice lab on the weekends.  Please note enrollment is basis on first come first
serve basis's.This lab is setup for Routing and Switching.

Best Regards,
Fardin Rahim
CCIE practice lab