Hi,

I jus' happen to have a couple of 2600 series routers, 2610 & 2611, as well
as a Network General  WAN Sniffer.  I also have a 'Y' cable, with V.35
female-female ends.  The third 'Y' leg goes to the WAN Sniffer.  I have one
(1) Cisco V.35 DTE serial cable, male.

There are a smattering of other router vendors around here, too.  HP, Bay,
Wellfleet.  I've found it useful to sniff the various WAN protocols between
vendors, from time to time.  Very instructive.

What I'd like is to connect the two Cisco's for a training lab, of sorts,
for myself, and my staff.  I'd like to be able to cross-connect serial
router ports on all those vendors, but Cisco would be sufficient.

So, can I procure a Cisco DCE serial cable and complete the cross-over that
way?  I realize I'd need a gender-bender, given the f-f config of the 'Y'.
That would also negate a generic V.35 to those other routers mentioned, I'd
have to fabricate a cross-over for each.

Can I procure another Cisco DTE V.35 cable and cross over within the 'Y'?
What would be, or where can I find, the pin outs for that?

Finally, how might you, gentle reader, do this another way?

Cisco serial----V.35------V.35-----Cisco serial

                      -------------WAN Sniffer

I also have a couple of CSU/DSUs available.  Forgive my ignorance, but I've
only used them over point-to-point and frame T1s on public networks.  Can I
directly wire those devices back-to-back and achieve router-to-router WAN
connections in that way, as well?  Again, what might be the wire chart for
that T1-like circuit labeled 'cu', below?

Router----V.35-----V.35---CSU/DSU-----(cu)-----CSU/DSU-----V.35-----Router

                ---------------WAN Sniffer

Thanks for any ruminations on this connectivity issue.

Best regards, G.

"Be strict in what you send, and forgiving in what you receive."