From: Fowler, Robert J. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 11:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Duplex setting

I've read in messages, and in books, about setting the duplex to full/half
vs. auto. I knew that it was flaky, but no specifics. We had a machine
losing connectivity, and it turns out this was the reason. I changed the
port from auto to full duplex, and everything seems to work great. Is there
any specific information as to what can cause this? For instance, maybe the
auto-detect detects it as half then changes to full, causing a brief outage
in connectivity?

Thanks,
Joey Fowler

We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes
seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its
own talents.
- Eric Hoffer (1902-1983 American Author & Philosopher)