Question 1:  As John pointed out in Question 2, access lists in the range of
1-99 are reserved for IP standard access control lists and are to be used in
conjunction with the "ip access-group" statement.  Access lists in the range
of 1-99 cannot be used in conjunction with the "ipx access-group"
statement--even though your router might permit you to enter the command
without returning an error message during the configuration.  When you issue
a "show running-config" statement, the command will not appear in the
configuration. Other than that, your interpretation of the statement is
correct.

Question 2:  You can re-use access lists numbers on the same, or on various
interfaces.  For example, you could see this in a running-config:

interface ethernet 0
  ip address 192.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
  ip access-group 1 in
  ip access-group 1 out

interface serial 0
  ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.0.0
  ip access-group 1 in
  ip access-group 1 out

The only other thing I'd point out, is that if you're going to specify IPX
access lists on an interface, don't forget to configure the IPX network
(command: "IPX network <net_address>") that is connected to the
interface--and of course, IPX routing (command: "IPX routing) must be
enabled before you can do this.

  -- Leigh Anne