Hi

"Portable" or address blocks that are "owned" by a company are assigned by
ARIN (and others). Basicly there are addresses that you can use independent
of your ISP.

I suggest you make a visit to the ARIN web site. www.arin.net And learn more
about this subject. There are all kinds of miths about this out there,
better to get it from the source.

HTH
--
John Hardman CCNP MCSE+I