Hello colleagues,

I have a question regarding how to test an ISDN connection for a dialer
interface that is mapped to a loopback interface. I am used to dialer map
statements where I can ping the IP address that the dialer is mapped to, and
that brings up the ISDN link. The interface I want to test now does not have
dialer map statements, but looks like this:

interface Dialer102
description > IDSN Callback ID - Cologne, Germany
ip unnumbered Loopback1
encapsulation ppp
no ip route-cache
ip ospf cost 1500
no ip mroute-cache
dialer pool 1
dialer remote-name Router-Cologne
dialer idle-timeout 300
dialer string 0031302341498
dialer string 0031302882561
dialer string 0031302893245
dialer string 0031302883823
dialer caller 31302883823 callback
dialer caller 31302893245 callback
dialer caller 31302882561 callback
dialer caller 31302341498 callback
dialer load-threshold 64 either
dialer-group 1
no fair-queue
pulse-time 0
no cdp enable
ppp authentication chap callin
ppp chap hostname HUB-ROUTER
ppp multilink

Is there a way to test if the ISDN works without bringing down the serial
line ?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Hans