We are currently multihomed to Sprint and Verio, and I'm not very happy with Verio's
stability so far.  When their contract comes up, we're considering dropping them and
moving to a different provider.  I've done some preliminary research on UUNet, Global
Crossing, AT&T, and Cable & Wireless.  I've dropped UUNet from consideration because
their T-1 prices are not competitive at all.

At this time, my preference order is C&W, GC, and then AT&T.  Do any of you have any
experience with these companies that you'd like to share?

Stability and customer service are *BIG* issues with us, and so far Verio doesn't rank
very high with us in either category.  I remember seeing a post a while back that said
"Verio=downtime".  Well, we haven't too much of a problem with local downtime, but
there have been some days where our prefix was unreachable the entire day from
portions of Verio's network.  Needless to say, that is unacceptable performance.

Any thoughts or opinions on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
John

http://www.shopping.altavista.com