I was trying to interconnect a Cisco 1605 router to a Frame relay switch =
(NUERA F200) using a RS232 DTE cable.
Configuration for the Cisco serial port was pretty straightforward:

int S0
ip address 10.10.10.2 255.255.255.0
encapsulation frame-relay ietf
frame-relay lmi-type ansi

Configuration for the NUERA DCE port:
interface: RS232
rate: 180Kbps
clock: internal
lmi type: ansi annex-D
lmi mode: network
DLCI: 900

As far as I know the router is supossed to learn the DLCI and the ip =
mappings from the Frame Relay switch through the LMI messages.

SHOW INTERFACE S0 shows me that the phsycal connection is good =
(CTS=3D1,DCD=3D1,DSR=3D1,RTS=3D1,DTR=3D1) and exactly the same at the =
Nuera side but the router is not receiving any LMI updates from the =
switch.

The problem is fixed when I increase the data port rate on the Nuera to =
256Kbps.=20
I have exactly the same configuration with a Cisco 3600 router using a =
V.35 interface and it works regardless of the Nuera data port rate. =
What's the reason for this stange behaviour?? Did I miss something in =
the configuration??

Thanks guys

Roberto Luesma