>The problem I am trying to solve...
>
>I am trying to develop a network access strategy based on the use of
>a NAP for my organization.  I am tasked with preparing a whitepaper
>to address this.

NAPs, or more correctly exchange points, are intended for itercarrier
operation.  Enterprises are usually not allowed to connect to them.
So, if your organization is an enterprise, it's not a viable strategy.

Large hosting centers may be the functional equivalent of exchanges,
but they have an assortment of business models for who owns and
operates the servers.

Metropolitan area exchange points may be more relaxed in their rules.