Virtual-Template is different than interface
multilink/multilink-group.

I don't have much experience with virtual-template or
multilink virtual-template other then playing with
them in lab. I can't get a virtual-template make a
outbound call over ddr. I have the same problem with
IRB (BVIs) and ddr though. Not sure if there designed
for outbound ddr calls. I have succesfully tied 2
serial interfaces and a inbound call over ISDN into
one ppp multilink ckt with a virtual template on
2600's though.