At 04:07 PM 2/16/01, CiScO wrote:
>Cisco 1005 Serial Communication
>
>Would a 2503 be able to communicate with Cisco 1005 via serial while the
>2503 serial interface is set for synchronous and the 1005 serial interface
>is set for asynchronous? (I'm using a crossover serial cable with proper
>clock rate)

No.

>Also how do I configure the 1005 serial interface for synchronous?

I think the 1005 WAN port is synchronous by default. If you never told it
anything about async lines or async line speed or modems or chat scripts or
any of that other async stuff, it's probably using synchronous.

See here for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/1000ig/1005ug/1005conf.htm

It sounds like you're trying to troubleshoot a problem. Can you do a show
interface and post the results here? Maybe we can help with more info.

Priscilla