<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've got 2 dual ethernet Cisco 1605 routers connected to each other via 2
cascaded hubs.Both sets of interfaces are set up for HSRP.(eth0 of both routers
are&nbsp;in one HSRP group &amp; eth1 are in another HSRP group). Both routers have
also been set up to staically NAT a device(which will be called Test PC)&nbsp;on the
local network which is connected to eth 1 of the routers.Also tracking is set on both
of the primary router's interfaces to monitor the other interface.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Eth0 on both routers are connected to a Core router via a hub. In normal
operation,&nbsp;if&nbsp;&nbsp;the test PC&nbsp;&nbsp;sent continous PING's to a device
hanging on the Core router, it's local IP address is translated by the HSRP Primary
router &amp; routed towards the core router &amp; all is well. On inspection of the
Core routers&nbsp;ARP cache shows the translated IP address of test PC and the virtual
MAC- address of the primary (int eth0) HSRP router as expected.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>However if the cable on eth1 of the Primary router is plugged out to invoke the
Standby router to become &nbsp;active the PING's seemed to be not getting through. On
inspection of the 2 1600 routers the changover of the Standby router from standby to
active has taken place, with the Primary router now in a standby state.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>However on inspecting the ARP cache of the core router, instead of seeing the
translated IP address of the test PC with the virtual MAC address, the translated IP
address was seen with the REAL hardware address of the now standby interface on the
primary router, thus causing the PING's not to work.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've tried this with another set of routers &amp; the same thing happened. Has
Cisco got a bug with HSRP being configured with a router when NAT is also configued.
Plase let me know your thoughts on this matter.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>
<DIV>Simon CCNP</DIV><br clear=all><hr>Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail