If you understand subnet masking well, route
summarization is no different.  It is, by all
practical purposes, the same thing.  The best way to
check your self is to break it all down to Binary.
The bits with the common factor will lead you to the
point of reference for your summarized route.

--- Santosh Koshy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You can summarise them using the following network
> and mask
>
> 10.40.3.0 with a mask of 255.255.255.224
> or
> 10.40.3.0 / 27
>
> Remember this will also include all networks
> inbetween 10.40.3.0 -
> 10.40.3.31
>

> "Stuart Laubstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> in message

> > Assuming the following internal routes need to be
> summarised
> > 10.40.3.11     255.255.255.240
> > 10.40.3.15     255.255.255.240
> > 10.40.3.18     255.255.255.240
> > 10.40.3.26     255.255.255.240
> >

> > Could they be summarised as
> >
> > 10.40.3.0     255.255.255.224   and the space
> summarised would be
> 10.40.3.1
> > - 10.40.3.53
> >
> > Am I completely off base or close to the correct
> answer? I have studied so
> > much I have confused myself.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > stuart

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Chris from Chicago
MasterCNE, 5.x CNE, ICNE, 4.x CNE, CCNA, MCP