The loopback interface is used within OSPF
configurations to enable an administrator to control
the Router ID's.  OSPF bases it's DR and BDR elections
and other aspects of configuration on the Highest
Router ID assigned within an AS.  By choosing to
assign a higher RID, which in this case is simply an
IP address, to a loopback interface, OSPF will choose
the loopback, if it exists, over any physical
interface no matter if the RID is higher on the
physical interface.

--- mak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0
> transitional//en">
> Hi,
> loopback interface.
> configure it?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Chris from Chicago
MasterCNE, 5.x CNE, ICNE, 4.x CNE, CCNA, MCP