Same thing happened to me in Melbourne.

The test crashed on question 32 or something like that and so I panicked and went out
the front desk and they came in, rebooted it and my test came up on q 32.

So like a fool i hit the previous button to make sure my answer was there and sure
enough it was so happier I hit next and ....... crash # 2!

Slightly put off I went back out to the front desk and they rebooted it again but this
time they warned me not to use the previous button but use the marked questions at the
end of the exam to review.

Needless to say the couple of other people in the test room smirked a bit, but then
again they were only doing Microsoft exams so what do I care what they think :-P

Still I passed at the end of it but boy was that something I didn't need during the
written!

Darren Ward
PGradCS-CCNP-CCDP-MCP