>From: "martijn michiel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: RE: Upgrade IOS version on router without ethernet port
>Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:57:42 -0000
>
>Try the aux port.

If you're thinking of X-Modem, it isn't supported on the 2500 series
BootROMS.

The only thing I can think of is using PPP over the aux port, connected to
something running a tftp server, and PPP.  You'll need a static route, and
I'm nbot sure whether this config will be read by the bootrom for it to
work.

I had this problems with a 3640 when they were first released, we ended up
copying the flash on another router, and plug the flash card into the
router.  Messy, but it works, and you need two routers to do it.

Rob./