Spoken like a true CCIE. ;-)

Phillip Heller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Another option would be to enable cache-flow on that interface, turn on
flow-export and use cflowd to display utilization by protocol.

For cflowd information, see http://www.caida.org/tools/measurement/cflowd

(10 days to my lab, and counting!)

Regards,

--phil

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Tom Pruneau wrote:

    Create an access list on that interface that permits the specifed traffic.
    Then periodically check the access list and see how many mathces it has had.

    Also don't forget to put a permit ip any any at the end of your access list
    to let through all the other taffic which wasn't explicitly permited

    At 02:31 AM 02/27/2001 -0800, pratik shah wrote:
    >Hi all,
    >I want to find out is there any way i could find out
    >how many bytes/packets are being transferred on an
    >interface that is of a particular protocol. I want to
    >find out snmp overhead on an interface.
    >
    >thanks in advance
    >pratik

    Tom Pruneau
    Trainer Network Operations

    GENUITY
    3 Van de Graff Drive Burlington Ma. 01803
    24 Hr. Network Operations Center 800-436-8489
    If you need to get a hold of me my hours are 8AM-4PM ET Mon-Fri