I have a question for those of you who have worked with Packet Shapers.  We
recently installed one at our site last Thursday via a directive from
Headquarters.  We placed it between our Cabletron 8600 SmartSwitch (inside
interface on the PacketShaper and straight through cable) and our Cisco 4500
router ethernet interface (outside interface and cross-over cable).  All was
working well until this morning when the packet shaper stopped passing
traffic.  It has not yet been configured to shape traffic, it was only in
traffic discovery mode at present.  However, after some troubleshooting, I
noticed the ARP entries on the Cisco 4500 had become corrupted.

I powered off the Packet Shaper and cleared the ARP table in the Cisco 4500
and traffic began flowing normally again.

My question is, has anyone had similar issues with a Packet Shaper install?
I will be contacting Packeteer technical support for assistance as well as
our Headquarters Networking staff since they are responsible for the
configuration on the box.  However, I thought I would ask here since I
thought someone on this list may have come across a similar problem.  Could
an speed/duplex autonegotiation mismatch cause this to occur?

I will be taking it offline this evening after production hours to examine
the configuration more closely.

Thanks!

Heather Buri - CCNA