These are a few links that I received when I asked this same
question a few weeks ago.  The Lou Rossi Whitepaper is excellent.

http://www.groupstudy.com/notes/notepages/rif2.html

Also, Lou Rossi, Sr's "Token Ring Whitepaper" is a must-have.
You can find it on the CCPrep.com's website

http://www.ccprep.com/resources/news/archives/Token_Ring2.pdf

Almazi Rashid wrote:

> Hi All:
> Could you guys know how to calculate or figure out RIF from a given network
> diagram for SRT,SR/TLB,RSRB environment.Thanks in Advance.
>
> Regards
> Almazi
> CCNP,CCIE Theory unsuceesful in first attempt.

Andrew E. Shappell
CCNP & CCDP
Network Engineer II
Adelphia High Speed Data Operations