Hola Ricardo

Ip Cef and FS are to different forms of optimizing the flow of packets
in a router. They are mutually exclusive "per interface", as I have
seen configurations with 2 interfaces on cef and 1 in FS.
If you want a good explanation of the different modes, check the cisco
press book "inside cisco IOS architectures" (puedes comprarlo en diaz
de santos en BCN)

You NEED fast switching for some configuration modes of VoIP. For
example
on my tests a 3640, running 12.1.3t, for optimizing PPP (using
interleaving), it does not mantains the quality over load, without FS.
Just take care that the results are platform and IOS version dependant.
BTW: in the same config, CEF did not mantained the quality.

Saludos!

Ricardo Ciganda wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have got two questions.
>
> Is IP cef incompatible with IP fast switching?
>
> Could VoIP work with IP cef?
>
> Ricardo Ciganda
> CCNA, CCDA, Security
> BCMSN, BCRAN, CIT
> Systems Engineer and Network Consultant
> BYTEMASTER, S.A.
> C/ Gran Capitan 2-4 4ª Planta
> Barcelona, SPAIN 08034
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Phone:  (+34) 93-2520540
> Fax:    (+34) 93-2520541
>
> Ask me I won't say no, how could I?
> The Smiths

---
Javier Contreras Albesa
Professional Trainer

PRO IN Training S.L.
PROfessional Information Networks
World Trade Center, Moll de Barcelona S/N
Edif Sur, Planta 4

Phone: (+34) 93-5088850             E-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fax:      (+34) 93-5088860             Internet:  http://www.proin.com

SHAPING THE FUTURE - BE PART OF IT!