From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Tony van Ree
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 4:13 PM
To: Christopher Supino; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Telnet Bandwidth

Hi,

It depends on how fast you can type and how fast the screen comes back from
your server.  Telnet is quite low in bandwidth but high in packets.  Often
each character typed becomes a packet therefore you produce a high number of
small packets.  This however is usually still far slower than the ability of
a server to return large ftp packets.

Teunis
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia