  From: Darren Crawford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
  Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 1211
  To: Nabil Fares; Rob Cabeca; groupstudy
  Subject: RE: Help!, because Cisco says they can't. Firewall & Vlan
problem.

  You should be able to Ping the inside interface of your PIX.  You can not
ping an outside interface.  There must be route statements in your PIX so
that it knows where to send the reply.

  At 08:52 AM 03/02/2001 -0500, Nabil Fares wrote:
  >Rob,
  >
  >By default PIX does not allow pings!  You can have connectivity though it
  >but, you can't ping it.  You have to create an access list allowing icmp.
  >Of course thing assuming its not a subnetting issue.  Cisco recommends
this
  >access-list be used for testing purposes only, remove when done.
  >
  >HTH,
  >
  >Nabil

VLAN's.
  >When devices use the 2600's HSRP address as default gateway, they have
  >access to the firewall, the asp and the VLAN's. I have no access to the
  >2600's as they do not belong to us.
  >
  >I spoke with the Cisco TAC a few times. They gave up and wouldn't
escalate
  >it because they could not find our service contract that we purchased.
They
  >were anxious to close the case.
  >
  >The trick to this migration is to maintain connectivity to all devices as
  >they are being migrated to the new IP scheme.
  >
  >I will be very grateful to any serious replies to this situation.
  >
  >Thanks for your expertise!
  >Rob

  Darren S. Crawford - CCNA
  Lucent Technologies Worldwide Services
  2377 Gold Meadow Way            Phone: (916) 859-5200 x310
  Suite 230                               Fax: (916) 859-5201
  Sacramento, CA 95670            Pager: (800) 467-1467
  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Epager: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.lucent.com           Network Systems Consultant