That does it - I going to the cupboard and taking out my Hp45 calculator (thats before
you got the programmable ones) and I am going  to grab a bowl of blue berries and watch
the Video of Niel Armstrong romping on the moon . And just for fun see if I can still
disassemble the TRS-*(*! Basic Interpreter - Z80 intruction set was a zinger in it's
time.

This is getting scary - I remember playing with this stuff.

"Howard C. Berkowitz" wrote:

> >I didn't get to play at the high stakes tables (where the PDP-11 people sit)
> >but I do fondly recall the happy feeling of getting my SYM-1 talking to a
> >KIM-1 via serial connection.....
> >
> >The SYM-1 was really funky for it's time as it had a quasi video out that
> >would display a line of text on a oscilliscope's screen...
> >These computers came out after the boxes with all the paddle switches
> >(Altair8080) but before video was a "standard" item....
> >
> >Actually with the other thread about age I am starting to feel old......
> >Sniff....
> >

> >Bob
>
> And military stuff. Never forget the military stuff.
>
> I fondly remember a description of the KY-57 secure voice unit, which
> said its speech quality demonstrated symmetrical encryption.  Not
> symmetrical as in today's usage of public/private key, but in that
> the voice quality was the same whether you were listening to it with
> or without benefit of the key.

Regards
  Edmund Woltynski
   Ph: 08 83711492
   Fax: 08 82971774
   Mobile: 0414841704
   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   PSCS  web: http://www.pscs.com.au
   48 Spring Street
   NORTH PLYMPTON 5037
  State: South Australia
  Country: Australia
The information transmitted by the following e-mail is intended only for
the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any interception, review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use
of, or taking of any action upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited by law and may subject
them to criminal or civil liability. If you received this communication
in error, please contact us immediately at (618) 83711492, and delete
the communication from any computer or network system.