>>hmm, I guess this means that you wouldn't hire me, eh, Howard?

>Well, can you phrase this as "full employment for consultants?"

All seriousness aside, I actually meant as an employee -- not as a
consultant :)

> With a tired, triumphant,
>      yet demented look, he announced: "Yes, it is obvious."

LOL.
You've been eavesdropping on some of my math sessions with my children,
haven't
you.  I've learned more about the foundations of arithmetic since I had
kids than I
did studying math in school :)

>There is a poorly documented corollary of Murphy's Law that establishes
>that idiots inherit the work of the clever.

Right.
But I would assume that that doesn't mean that you are deprecating
cleverness,
per se (after all, cleverness is the Aunt of invention) but, maybe just
want to
leave cleverness where it belongs -- in the lab :)

I tend to go for the clever first and, then, after proving that it
works, start to
worry about the potential obfuscation (not to mention the phone calls)
and change to
a more "self-documenting" route.

So, one moment I might code the single ACL;
the next I would change it to the "self-documenting" two-statement ACL.

   (In fact, I would agree that you could easily argue that the second
is the more
    elegant since it kills two birds with one stone:
             functionality
    and no   extra documentation  :)
   )

Tks        | <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
BV         | <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sr. Technical Consultant,  SBM, A Gates/Arrow Co.
Vox 770-623-3430           11455 Lakefield Dr.
Fax 770-623-3429           Duluth, GA 30097-1511