Hey, thanks for the help. In the frame relay network we have, hops are
transparent kind of. Only the CPE is visable. I had established that the
problem was occuring at the last router's ethernet interface. When I trace
the routes out it just gets to that router and times out. What
Erick B. pointed out was due to the fact that the primary address on e0 was
not the same network that the host in question was on. This turns out to be
the case. If I do an extended ping and source the packets from the secondary
address, the machine responds without haste. I've requested that the
administrator of the hosts over there build a static route to the foriegn
network address to help out although I don't suspect it will help alot from
an analytical point of view. :)

Thanks for all the help! - Sorry for the delay in replies.
Dave