>[EMAIL PROTECTED] observed correctly,

I was misleading here...lack of precision.

>On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 08:43:33AM -0500, Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:
>>  >Is it possible to obtain an AS for one full class c, or is this just too
>>  >tiny?
>>
>>  You can get the AS number with proper justification, although there
>>  is no guarantee that this prefix will propagate through the Internet
>>  as a whole and the prefix will be reachable.  In general, you would
>>  have to demonstrate to the registry:
>>
>>        -- you plan to multihome
>>        -- you can demonstrate contracts with at least two upstream providers
>>
>>  you may be asked to document your routing policy, which, in any case,
>>  is a good idea.  ARIN recommends doing so, RIPE NCC requires it.
>
>>  Your design may be scrutinized, and questions are likely to be asked
>>  why this can't be done with provider-assigned address space.  The
>>  registry might evaluate whether your links are fast enough to support
>>  the number of routes you plan to receive.
>
>AFAIK, ASN != PI address space. You can have your own ASN using
>provider-assigned address space. At least that's what i understood
>from ARIN webpages.
>
>                                       HoraPe

Let me rephrase.  Questions are likely to be asked on why this can't
be done within a provider's AS (i.e., how does your routing policy
differ from theirs?) and/or using private AS numbers for
single-provider multihoming.

PI address space is not a requirement.