C'mon... get real. If one has the skillset to get a
JNPR cert they are knowledgable and good most likely.
Same for CCIE. Then again, it also depends on ones
attitude and what they'll work on and not work on.

Certifications *help* open doors but they don't
necessarily get you jobs. You still have to prove you
know your stuff. People who know their stuff can get
jobs almost anywhere based on their skillset and
history. They have a good reputation (ie: they get the
job done, done right, don't feed you some BS story,
etc).

Whats wrong with working for a ISP? I can understand
if it were some small Ma and Pa shop but if it was say
Level3 would you say yuck? I don't think so. Look at
the opportunitys you have at larger ISPs (new
equipment, multi-vendor, always changing, etc). I
would hate working in an all-Cisco shop. Thats yucky
to me. No exposure to other gear.

And whats so yucky about working at Juniper? Smart,
sharp, intelligent, nice people there. I know - I've
been there. You'll be working hard... but you do this
stuff because you ENJOY it right???  or do you do it
for a fat paycheck and little work? You can tell what
category people fall into fairly quickly.

Sorry for ranting...

Erick