>In ethernet, are the bits, 0s and 1s,
>0 volts and +5 volts?
>
>I saw that on my CCNA test but did
>not see it in the books I used.
>
>Is that true?

Without SIGNIFICANT clarification, as to which specifications the
question refers, it's insanely false.

To begin with, a bit being sent to the medium doesn't exactly
correspond to medium signals. The actual medium (at least the
electrical ones with which I am familiar) use Manchester encoding.

Second, if we include optical ethernet, what do voltages have to do with it?

If the question refers to AUI, RJ45/10BaseT, etc., it needs to be
clear that's what it means.

It feels like yet another test writer taking the easy way out,
testing for a factoid that he or she doesn't really understand.

Since I am getting crotchety about this, I conclude I need lunch.