Here is the fix stright form Cisco TAC:

The Documentation CD has some known issues, mostly related to Windows 2000.
Here are the most common issues and their solutions.
--
The Cisco Documentation CD does not support Windows 2000 until after the
July 2000 version. If you have a version of the CD prior to July 2000 there
is a fix on this web page that usually works.
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/620/ioscd.html
Uninstall the CD first, then delete the C:\Cisco directory then make the
registry change shown in the URL above then install the CD again and it
should work.
--
This fix is NOT needed if you have a CD dated July 2000 or later. If you
have a version of the Doc CD after July 2000 and want to install it on a
computer that had an earlier version of the Doc CD then first uninstall the
earlier version, then delete the C:\Cisco directory then install the CD.
This is necessary because starting in July the Doc CD uses a newer version
of Verity Mosaic that dosn't like being installed over an older version.
--
Internet Explorer 5.5, the Doc CD starts up to about:blank
There are two alternate fixes for this:
1. After launching the Doc CD, put in http://127.0.0.1:8080/home/home.htm
for the address, and then add it to your favorites. (you have to inclued
http:// or it won't work)
-
or
-
2. This is a 4-step fix:
A. Ensure that search.exe is not running.
B. Edit the installed search.ini (c:\CISCO\search.ini).
C. Change the line
'Browser=c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe'
'Browser=msie'
D. Launch the CD.
Nothing happens when I click Launch CD
The usual cause for this is that you've installed a post-July 2000
Documentation CD over the
top of a previous Doc CD.
The fix for this is to:
1. Uninstall the Doc CD from the control panel->add/remove programs.
2. Delete c:\cisco
3. Reinstall the Doc CD.
The Cisco Documentation CD is also available online at:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/home/home.htm

I hope this helps.

Todd