From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Deepak Sharma
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2001 1:04 AM
To: cisco
Subject: **Shared RAM and Backplane

Hi

Is shared memory on the 3500XL switches

(*snip from cisco.com)
Shared-Data Buffer
A key attribute of the Catalyst 3500 XL architecture is its shared-data
buffer, which employs 4-MB of DRAM in its initial deployment. The
shared-buffer architecture optimizes buffer utilization through dynamic
allocation across all ports and by avoiding packet duplication for
multicast or broadcast traffic.
(*end of snip)

same as a backplane on 6000 series switches? (eg 32gb)

are they the same idea, but on different scales?

thanks
Deepak