Using EIGRP, queries are propagated throughout the network. If this is a
large enterprise network, queries will be sent thru the network boundary.
Unlike OSPF where areas can be created to partition the network and make it
more manageable, i.e., changes and subsequent route recalculations are
isolated within the particular area, EIGRP has one single AS where routers
go in active mode in trying to find a feasible successor to a failed link.In
OSPF, summarization is done at the ABRs while in EIGRP, this can be done in
any router.

I read from the Routing Certification Guide that “summarization is the best
way to limit the query range of EIGRP networks” and that, queries can be
managed effectively by summarization and filters.

Can somebody explain this more fully?

I can better visualize the OSPF areas that scale well to large enterprise
networks. But I don’t see an analogy to this with EIGRP except that is has
an extremely fast convergence mechanism when the routers have feasible
successors and has a large diameter that addresses the scalability issues.

TIA.