my oh my,

This one comes up occasionally.

DO NOT SIMPLY GO "no ip access-list xxx" and enter a noew one.

You might get away with it but how about if your access list is on the port you are
connected to and your addess is 10,10,10,10

So here we are and we type 'no access-list xxx'

The next line is a permit to 10.10.11.0 0.0.0.255 (for example)

Waht has happened you can no longer talk to the router.  Bad blue!!

Always create a new access-list, check it once it has been written to the router,
Save the config NOW!.  Then if it is a remote site put in the reload in x minutes,
apply the new access-list.  If you can still talk to the router cancel the reload
"NOW".  Finish testing the access-list for failure as well as success.  When all seems
fine save the config.

The biggest heart ache is locking yourself out of a router and having to go out on
site to reload an access-list.  Worse still is a reload that locks you out because the
access-list was written to memory prior to reload and/or testing.

Experience beats all,

Teunis
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia