Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out in which situations certain OSPF multicast
addresses are used. The two multicast addresses used in OSPF that I know of
are 224.0.0.5 and 224.0.0.6. From my understanding, in a broadcast network,
all ospf routers send link info to the DR/BDR with the address of 224.0.0.6.
The DR will then send all the data back to the DROTHER routers using the
address of 224.0.0.5. Is this correct?

I previously thought that the DR sent the data back using the address of
224.0.0.6, but this wouldn't work because the DROTHER routers don't listen
to that address. Is this also correct?