Hi,

 The IPSEC protocol uses UDP port 500.

   Gil

-----Original Message-----
From: Damien Kelly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: ??? ??? 12 ??? 2001 12:33
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Access list to deny IPSEC on C1600

Hi All

One of our office is on ISDN dialup and has a firewall behind it on the LAN,
we have an issue with the line connecting to the ISP every min, 24 x 7, as
you can imagine the ISDN bill is huge.  We have determined the VPN link is
cauing the dialup's.  The Cisco is a 1603,  I want to create an accesslist,
But don't know how to define protocol 50 ( IPSEC ), as it isn't really TCP
or UDP

Can I set an access list as follows

Access-list 101 deny IP any any eq 50

Or do I need to replace the IP with a different definition

Any Suggestions

( If I can get the IPSec definition, I may create a timebased accesslist, so
as not to defeat the purpose of the VPN. )

Thanks                          Damien Kelly

The information contained in this message is confidential and
is intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received
this message in error or there are any problems please notify
the originator immediately.  The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. This
message and any attachments have been scanned for viruses.
Orbiscom Ltd. will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or
consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents
of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being
passed on.

www.Orbiscom.com