We'll we have a 3000 but haven't set it up yet. Just out of curiosity why is
the vpn-inside address in the 192 range instead of 10.x .

Our 5000 roughly is setup with the VPN-inside address in the same range as
the address pool ( this is so we could isolate the vpn user traffic on their
own network). This will come in handy if you ever need to create tunnels
between vendors and need to restrict their access. The default gateway for
everyone coming in, then becomes the interface for the address on the
VPN-inside address (this after the tunnel is established). You should be
able to ping the default gateway. You may try making a pool that falls into
the same subnet as the inside interface otherwise your going to need a
static route in for the 192.1.1.1  to  10.1.1.o ..right?