Hi,
I am trying to install Oracle 8i(8.1.6)on RedHat linux 7.0.(2.2.16-22)The Glib which
comes along with RedHat is glibc 2.2

The installation of Oracle is successful.But when I try to create a database I get the
following error message.
svrmgrl>
"ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel"
svrmgrl>

I tried downgrading to glibc2.1 and started the Svrmgrl ..still the result is same.I
also tried fresh install of Oracle after downgrading to glibc2.1 ..oracle installation
fails.

I guess many have faced this problem.Is there any solution for the same.if so what is
it?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

thanks
Regards