Hey guys,

I've read a section about exchanging DDP from McGraw-Hill's BSCN but I'm not
sure whether I interpreted right or not. This is my understanding.

After a router received information about its neighbours, it will try to get
information to establish its link state database. So, it will establish an
adjacency with another router. The router with the highest router ID will
become the master and it will send information to the slave. If the slave
believes that it is still missing information, it will send out link state
request packets to get informations it needs.

Now here's the question, what happens if the new router (ie just came onto
the network) has the highest router ID? It will send information to other
routers but it won't know that itself is lacking routes since it just came
on. Therefore, it will not send link state request packets. Is that right?

Thanks in advance

Hing