If you're not advertising the /16, then how exactly are you allowing your
inside hosts to access the Internet?  If you're NATing, then wouldn't it make
sense to convert your inside network to private address space, and return the
/16 to the IANA/InterNIC for re-allocation to an organization and/or world
that needs the registered address space?

That conversion is a change that, although it is painful in the beginning,
allows you to make use of some great IP address engineering in your
multinational company that might (or might not) have been done when the
registered space was deployed.  I've certainly done that conversion before,
and although it requires careful planning, it can be done properly in a
migratory manner over a matter of months.  If you're interested, I'll post the
steps required to do the registered to private IP address conversion.

-e-