I don't have a lot of information on this problem but I thought I would
throw it out there and see if anyone has run into this before.

A client is running a multicast application for several of its sites.  The
multicast server is located in MA and they are running PIM-SM to NY and SF.
The problem is on the WAN link to NY, the client machines are receiving
errors that indicate lost packets.

My question is:

Has anyone run into a problem running IPX and IP multicast over the same
network?  I know this is strange but when they shut down IPX the machines
stop generating errors.  When they turn IPX back on the errors seem to come
back..???  They are running CGMP on the switches in NY. I apologize for the
lack of detail but I am not directly working on this, just trying to help
out.  I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this before?

Ryan