I passed the written today! It was a tough exam, with some funky worded
questions, but I received an 88%. The test did blowup halfway through but I
was only delayed for 5 minutes.

I have been in this business for 16 years and hold over 25 certs. I have
been supporting Cisco gear for over 8 years. I obtained my CCNP/DP in five
months last year and then I took a break from Cisco for a while (9 months),
so I had to study for a month on old junk I had forgotten or haven't used
since 1994. Thank god for my CNX. I have been  in networking before 10base-T
and Token-Ring.(Can someone say Lattisnet???) Man... I lived Token-Ring from
1989-1996. This was one funky exam. This exam is somewhat harder then the
ACRC, but ACRC is more focused, this one tests your knowledge across a broad
scope of topics, so study hard.

Some study suggestion, if you feel they can help..

If you have no TR knowledge try to obtain the Laura Chappell, "Novell's
Guide to Netware Lan Analysis" (ISBN 0-7821-1362-1)  It may be out of print
or in it's 3rd or 4th edition. Excellent on TR, IPX, SRB, Spanning Tree for
SRB. Also, if you can get your hands on an "IBM TR Architecture Reference",
then this will explain everything you ever needed to know about the RIF.

The new Sybex book is only good for a basic cursory review. It also has lots
of errors so be careful.  Read or review the books listed on the recommended
reading list, review all of the links on CCO under the blueprint. And most
of all, KNOW YOUR PROTOCOLS IN AND OUT. This may be overkill but it will be
worth it.

Having your CCNP/DP and/or CNX will make things a little easier, especially
if you go for the written right after obtaining your NP/DP.

Own, borrow, or use a freeware protocol analyzer. Learn the protocols. Here
is a cool site that was listed for a protocol analyzer

http://www.ethereal.com/

Someone wrote in this board to "be the packet"  To add to that "be the
protocol analyzer"

I want to thank everyone on this list for their questions, answers and
helping each other out. Your information provided me a small clue on what to
expect and how to prepare for the written.  You guys are a great and
dedicated bunch, good luck to all. See you in the LAB, aaaaggguuuhhhh..