a measured and professional example.
  If there is an upside to this, maybe some of the
"cisco bigots" of the world will get a glimpse of how
cisco is viewed by the rest of the industry. This
nonsense goes on all the time. As a cisco stockholder
since summer 1995, I think it is time for them to
change their style; before they lose the respect of
those who don't yet have a clue how rotten their
"apple" (to paraphrase Howard) is.
  Note that I was as gung-ho cisco as anybody else
before I saw the larger picture of how much their
marketing hype and fud covers up for the mediocrity of
some of their gear.
  Obviously since I am still holding onto the stock I
believe this company is so huge it will be very hard
to kill and will see significant gains before I am
ready to cash out. But they are losing market share on
several fronts, and this (losing core to Juniper) is
just one, but the one with the fattest margins.
  Bottom line there is plenty of room in this industry
for good companies with good products.Just look at all
the optical startups. Engineers should be scientists
first and foremost, and scientists who expect to have
their word and opinions respected don't lie.
  I ask you all this: If it was once true that "No one
ever got fired for buying IBM" why is that no longer
true ?