In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Bill"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

ip subnet-zero allows you to use the .0 subnetwork so if you break
192.168.0.0 into /27s, your first network would typically start at
192.168.32.0 while with subnet-zero enabled you can use 192.168.0.0.  As
I understand it, this is basically because of older IP stacks that didn't
understand the all 0's and all 1's subnetworks thus you had 2^n -2.

ipclassless is used in classful networks when you have networks that have
been subnetted and are discontiguous.  If you have Router A and C with
both conneted to router B.  Most classful routing protocols break
networks at their major boundry so if you had 10.0.1.0/24 advertised off
A and 10.0.2.0/24 off B, you would end up with 2 routes to 10.0.0.0 on B.
 When traffic arrives for 10.0.2.1 which link do you send it out?  ip
classless overcomes some of these issues.