Yes, 6 is the limit of max-paths allowed for most of
the routing protocols in IOS last time I checked.

If you're using recent 12.1T code (12.1(2)T I believe)
you can use multilink-group/interface multilink to
bond the serial links together into 1 circuit. The
other end also has to be Cisco and have proper IOS to
do same. You could also bridge and use IRB with
serials. This will work with DDR but on inbound only
since theres no way for a BVI to place outbound call
over a ddr interface that I know of (I've tried).