If I telnet to a PIX, shouldn't I be able to do the following ping and get a
response when the address entered is a global ip used in a static command?
I get a no response received message

ping outside 209.179.179.18

Ex.
static (inside,outside) 208.179.179.18 192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.255
conduit permit tcp host 208.179.179.18 eq www any
conduit permit icmp any any

ping outside 209.179.179.18
NO response recieved
NO response recieved