Hi there,
Yes there are 2 kinds OS that run on switches

1)IOS based- They use CLI like the one used on routers , eg 1900,2900.

2) The other ones are the older SET based CLI configuration  commands. e.g
2926 series , the 4000, and the 5000 and the 6000 series.

Anything else u want to know , lemme know....

Regards,
Shreerang Vaidya
Networks Manager
CyberQuest Systems Ltd.