Hello,

a little while ago robert devito posted a problem very similar to the one
that I am now experiencing.  At the time I tried to help to fix his problem
but I am unsure if Robert got a solution from anyone.  I said at the time
that he was mad to try it but unfortunately now I have to do it for "live"
work.  For those of you who never read Roberts initial problem it is very
similar to the one below..... please help if you can.

1 router.  1 interface is bridged with clns clients on it.  the other
interface is routed with a isis server.

The solution should be as easy as enabling IRB and to route clns.  Problem.

ISIS tries in vain to establish adjacencies with these clients.  It
constantly sits in the INIT state.

People on the first post wrote back to say try to do bridge irb and maybe
the circuits aren't t correct etc etc.  All of these whilst useful did not
work as they were already configured properly.

My hunch (and its a scary one),  What type of interface is a BVI?  We all
know that ISIS will only operate correctly over a point to point or a
broadcast network and I reckon this is why no adjacencies will ever form
over this interface..... does this sound right?

ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.  THIS IS A NIGHTMARE OF A
PROBLEM.

Robert McCallum

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.