Did you purposely reverse the 80/20 rule? I ask this in all seriousness. We
used to design campus networks with the assumption that 80% of traffic
stays local and 20% is destined for a different LAN. That may or may not be
valid for your network. With intranets and server farms, the rule became
somewhat antiquated. It might be valid to reverse the rule, in fact, but
you would have to study your traffic src/dest pairs to know.

To determine your network utilization, use the show interface command. You
mentioned that you are using show processes cpu, but that might not help
you find what you need. On the other hand, if show interface displays input
queue drops, show processes cpu might help you determine the protocol which
is congesting the input queue.

You also mentioned that you are using show ip traffic. I think that command
is only good for looking at statistics for traffic destined to the router,
not traffic forwarded by the router.

Anyway, there's no cut-and-dry answer to your question. Your math looks OK,
but it may not be based on the actual amount of traffic your end stations
are pumping out and where that traffic is destined to go.

Good luck! Keep us posted on what you learn. Thanks,

Priscilla