My first guess would be to blame the configuration of the solaris box. I do
not know the details of that OS. Check your IP address, subnet mask, and
default gateway (or whatever the solaris equivalent is).
For fun find out what is the MAC address of the solaris box. Then do a "show
arp" on the router to see if the solaris box's IP and MAC addresses are
present.