> Does anyone know if any IOS version supports VRRP on any of
> the standard platforms?

> Not yet.  We are working on a VRRP implementation though.

I think you meant to write 'Not yet on the routers'. I'm sure
some of the boxes you've bought recently  (such as the CSS /
ArrowPoint switches) does support VRRP.

> HSRP offers much more functionality than VRRP, but of course
> it is limited to usage with other Cisco devices.

Actually, since HSRP is documented in RFC2281, other companies
could have implemented it if they wanted to. I guess they don't
feel VRRP lacking in functionality, since they haven't.

-A
--
Heroes: Vint Cerf & Bob Kahn, Leonard Kleinrock, Robert Metcalfe
Links : http://www.hojmark.org/networking/