ok, tried the 2 OSPF and 2 EIGRP idea and it works and provides the required
results.  Thanks John and Chris!

But let me ask this of the group.

Are there design questions here with using 4 routing processes??

I don't think I would have come up with this myself although I did do a
design once that used 2 OSPF processes.

But 4 could be "over the top"??  what do you think?

I can remember a time when it was strenuously considered bad design to use
OSPF virtual links.  But then came a wave a companies either merging or
eating each other and then virtual links were used to join two area 0s.
OSPF virtual links are still (I think) frowned upon but are now more readily
accepted for certain situations.

This particular scenario I think is for 2 organizations sharing a network.
They pay for their own upstream circuit but are sharing a router.  My first
thoughts were - buy a second router, each has only one network on the inside
and each can control their own upstream routing - but for some reason this
isn't an option.

Anyway, I'm going to do some load testing to see how hard the cpu is working
with 4 routing processes vs 2.

But comments on the design "theory" would be welcome.

Also, I'll try to get route-map re-distribution working, that might get it
down to 2 processes.

thanks again to the group!

Kevin Wigle